Peter Sheahan Speaker Reel
Now more than ever we need to build resilient leaders, agile organizations, and high performing teams – no matter the uncertainty. In this hard-hitting and highly directive keynote, your leaders will learn to:
- Increase agility by telling themselves the truth and take ownership in the new reality
- There is no going back and there will be no more certainty
- Differentiate between temporary and permanent change and respond accordingly
- Turn a burning platform into a burning ambition that inspires people to continue to give their discretionary effort
- Accelerate change without burning their teams out by eliminating friction and increasing alignment
- Embrace progress over perfection to avoid paralysis as they do their best to manage ambiguity
To meet growth expectations, we must transform ourselves and our teams at a faster rate than the external environment is changing or else we risk a slow decline into irrelevancy. Given change isn’t slowing down, this is harder to do today than ever before. The path forward is to build organizations and teams capable of risk-taking, letting go of past successes in pursuit of a new, more vibrant future, and successfully navigating the business from one competitive advantage to the next.
In this engaging, case-study rich session, we will unlock the keys to accelerated transformation and growth by helping your leaders understand that:
- Increasing agility is not about force or more communication, but about compressing the time between awareness of change and acceptance of change.
- Creating a burning ambition over a burning platform is the key to sustained investment of their teams’ discretionary effort.
- Successful transformation is not a by product of ambition and strategy, but of alignment. Leaders must change first because as goes their behavior so goes the rest of the organization.
- Culture is a science, not an art and that they must intentionally pull the levers that create a growth-enabled culture defined by innovation, excellence, and accountability.
- They must create the psychological safety that encourages risk-taking and helps their teams embrace progress over perfection.
As the pace of commoditization accelerates and the emergence of technological disruption threatens our existing business models, we must find ways to remain relevant and differentiated in the hearts and minds of our customers! This inspiring, case-study rich session will show you how to find opportunity in disruption to reverse the downward spiral of commoditization, move beyond the competition, and become the obvious choice for your customers. This journey will require that you:
- Move from a mindset of value extraction to one of value creation.
- Learn at the edge of disruption and embrace the opportunities for differentiation that exist there.
- Frontrun your customers by beating them to the future in the Five Critical Dimensions that they value most during times of rapid change.
- Elevate your reputation competing on expertise and positioning yourself as a trusted adviser for your clients.
- Act in a way worthy of your desired leadership position rather than race your competitors to the bottom.
After decades of standing in the fire with leaders of high-performing organizations, Peter Sheahan has come to believe that an organization will only go commercially where its leaders first go personally.
Having grown his own companies by accelerating the growth and transformation for clients that include: Apple; Chick-fil-A; DeBeers; and AT&T—Peter will provoke you to get bigger, by getting better! When leaders are true to their purpose, they gravitate towards doing work that matters and solving higher-order problems. The journey to get there requires that they have the courage to tell themselves the truth, take intelligent risks, and assume ownership for driving the alignment necessary to build an organization which behaves in ways worthy of its leadership position.
In being true to his own ambitions and relentless pursuit of growth, Peter has published seven books, built three global companies, and delivered more than 2,500 presentations in 40+ countries. Today he and his team at Karrikins Group are focused exclusively on inspiring leaders to do the hard work required to accelerate growth and transformation.
"You've been an absolute wonderful partner, adjusting to our transitions and pivots along the way. Brilliant. Agile. Trusted. Confidant. Integrity. Inspiring. These are some of the attributes I use when describing your contribution to AT&T. Thank you for what you have brought us... It is corporate life changing for us and you have left a lasting impression on the leaders of AT&T!"
– President, AT&T
"From the creatives in the editing rooms of LA, to the Chairman himself in New York, Peter has had a profound impact on this company. It is very rare, to find someone who is both engaging and whose work is clearly based on groundbreaking research and genuine insight into what makes a business and its leaders successful in today's uncertain marketplace. I have no hesitation recommending Peter to any organization looking to drive innovation deeper in their company and wanting to inspire their leaders to think differently and take the necessary risk to future-proof their business.”
– SVP at News Corporation
"Sheahan was the best outside speaker we have had at this conference in 10 years. He added real value and he was able to put into words, what I have been feeling. His presentation was literally perfect."
– Chairman at United Technologies
"Peter, I cannot thank you enough for your outstanding presentation. Presenting to an audience of leading CEO's is always a challenge. But once again you exceeded their and my expectations."
– John Karagounis, Managing Director at CEO Circle
"Peter Sheahan could light a small town with energy, enthusiasm and insight. He combines deep practical knowledge with unending passion for both his subject matter and his audience."
– David Willis, Managing Director at Corporate Executive Board
"You are awesome—personally, a delight and a gentleman, and professionally, the real deal. Your content, delivery, and engaging manner was just what the doctor ordered."
– Rachel Long, Nielson Group
"You gave us great insight into the minds of literally hundreds of potential Googlers. For us to better understand how to motivate and develop that talent will certainly be key to our continued success."
– Sue Polo, Google
"His remarks were brilliant, relevant and timely. He invested himself in the day and wove content from the day’s programming and other speakers into his keynote."
– Women's Vision Foundation