Worldwide Speakers Group (WWSG) is an innovative global lecture agency dedicated to providing an unprecedented and unparalleled level of service in the speaker industry. We create effective comprehensive strategic solutions that achieve client goals and forge a lasting impact with audiences. Our leadership is reflected in the extraordinary individuals we exclusively represent including those from the highest levels of government, business, media and entertainment.
Job Summary: Vice President of Sales (Agent)
WWSG is seeking an experienced, talented and energetic individual to join our team as a VP of Sales. Agents are responsible for developing, maintaining and growing relationships with clients and speakers. The ideal candidate will possess a strong focus on client development and relationships and be a strong communicator—both written and verbal.
To be successful in this position, Agents must convey continuous positive influence both within the company and to our clients and our speakers. They must demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills and must be able to develop partnerships with co-workers. The ideal candidate must maintain a positive attitude and build long lasting relationships with clients. They must also exhibit a sense of urgency to close sales. They must be extremely detail-oriented and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Agents are expected to meet or exceed their annual sales goals.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and contact potential speakers to obtain contact and booking information
- Possess sufficient knowledge of industry marketplace, trends and product knowledge
- Research clients and compile vetting documents
- Recommend speakers and quote fees to clients
- Maintain strong client relationships and increase the number of contacts within existing organizations
- Achieve or exceed sales goals on a monthly and annual basis
- Maintain a pipeline of 3 times identified sales goal
- Manage escalated client issues/concerns and speaker cancellations
- Direct the client and speaker firm offer and contract negotiation process
- Obtain signed Firm Offers and Signed Contracts from speakers and clients
- Ensure all fees are collected for every engagement
- Obtain documented approval from client and speaker for video recording
- Effectively use the CRM to enter sales, client and speaker information for accurate tracking, reporting and follow-up
- Compose and send correspondence to current or potential clients and speakers
- Check availability of speakers
- Contact and qualify potential clients via telephone and email
- Communicate accurate and comprehensive event information to host organizations, speakers and internal departments
- Work closely with Marketing for targeted initiatives for your clients
- Commit to continuing education – learning about speakers, staying informed about world events/business issues affecting our clients to better assist them in finding the right speaker for their program
- Attend local events
- Visit one local client per quarter
- Mentor Account Executives and Sales Associates
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 4+ years’ experience selling services/products, contract negotiation and demonstrated track record of sales success
- Experience identifying, qualifying and closing business with an average sales price of $35,000 or higher
- Strong ability in consultative sales and connecting organizational business needs to speaker engagements and learning solutions
- Strong project management, client service and relationship building skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication, able to deliver clear, concise information tailored to specific and varied audiences.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and Salesforce
- Exceptionally detail-oriented and organized, ensuring quality and consistent output.
- Ability to effectively solve problems, think creatively, make decisions and act, exercising independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain a professional and positive attitude and work independently with little guidance in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Convention/hospitality, or Association industry experience is a plus
WWSG offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, vision and prescription plan coverage, paid vacation and sick time, free parking and shuttle to metro, and training and development programs.