Ken Dychtwald Promo Video
Longevity and its Magic for Your Business
Ken Dychtwald | Longevity Economy
Rising longevity and the aging of the massive boomer generation are radically altering both the demographic landscape and every aspect of the consumer marketplace. Already 50+ consumers account for more than half of all spending and control more than 70% of total U.S. net worth. In the coming years, we’ll see explosive business growth fueled by this unprecedented age wave.
This provocative new presentation was created for business leaders seeking to understand, re-gear, and thrive in the era of unprecedented longevity. Dr. Ken Dychtwald offers a revealing glimpse into the future and will explore which industries, products and services will dominate the boomer marketplace and are hiding in plain sight:
- What medical breakthroughs and technologies are on the horizon that have the potential to dramatically transform health, aging, and longevity
- How an aging population’s evolving need for healthy choices will influence food, beverage, and supplement sectors
- How a cyclic lifeplan – with repeated personal reinventions – will stimulate demand for new ways to learn, give, volunteer, work, and enjoy life
- How the aging boomers will re-invent retirement and re-define the travel and leisure, housing, and financial services industries
- Lessons learned from four decades on the front lines about the successes of pioneering companies worldwide that have “cracked the code” and created brands and marketing strategies that resonate with this new generation of brand loyal consumers
Tens of millions of Boomers are entering their retirement years just as Americans are living longer than ever before. As a result, the timing, power, and purpose of maturity are being dramatically re-imagined. Learn how the exciting spectrum of new lifestyle choices across adulthood will affect every area of our lives.
This impactful new presentation unveils Age Wave’s highly acclaimed research and explores a wide range of potentially game-changing questions for business leaders across every industry:
- How will the distribution of learning, work, and leisure be transformed by our longer lifespans?
- How is retirement being re-defined and re-imagined?
- What are the changing roles within families?
- Will encore careers and giving back become the norm?
- How can health be optimized, and will it be affordable?
- What changes are needed to make our homes and communities “aging friendly”?
- What are the ideal roles for 21st century “modern elders”?
- What is the new measure of success?
Increasing longevity, declining fertility, and aging baby boomers are triggering an enormous age wave. This demographic tsunami has the potential to create tremendous marketplace and work/talent opportunities—and equally pressing social and financial challenges.
This informative and entertaining presentation will explore: How will people use their newfound longevity? How will a cyclic lifeplan replace the traditional linear model? How will aging boomers change established paradigms of work, leisure, learning, and retirement? What’s the most effective way to market and sell to “middlescent” boomers? And why is managing a four-generation workforce the new diversity mandate?
The convergence of rising longevity, today’s uncertain economy, and widespread insufficient savings has reset the retirement clock. Yet highly acclaimed Age Wave research reveals that the new retirement could be a good thing—for individuals, the consumer marketplace, and financial planning professionals.
Why has financial peace of mind become far more important than wealth? How will women’s rising financial power transform the field of retirement planning? How will the demands of eldercare, sibling care, grandparenthood, singlehood, and “rehirement” impact retirement planning? This presentation will explore these questions and reveal how to safeguard a successful retirement while avoiding the five retirement “wildcards” that threaten to shatter dreams.
Amidst our current workaholic culture, there is an awakening appreciation for the immeasurable value of great times with friends and loved ones, the satisfaction of continued personal growth, and the excitement of encountering new people, places, and cultures. Fueled by the dual Boomer liberations of emptynesting and retirement and turbo-charged by Millennial FOMO, hundreds of millions of men and women worldwide are hoping to enjoy more “time affluence” than at any other point in history.
This dynamic new presentation explores the forces causing an unquenchable appetite for stimulating and nourishing “peak experiences” of every form and flavor—and uncovers the abundant opportunities for entrepreneurs and industry leaders who understand the new travel consumer.
- Longevity: more life, more time, more personal reinventions, more travel
- How the unprecedented “age wave” demographic phenomenon will both boost and transform the travel marketplace worldwide
- Why the “freedom zone” is now the most liberated and liberating time in life
- Life’s true valuables: the growing importance of experiences over things
- 5 trillion hours to fill: tapping the enormous “longevity economy”
- In search of “peak experiences” and how they can both be programmed and marketed
Rising longevity and global population aging are radically altering both the demographic landscape and every dimension of health and healthcare.
This revealing glimpse into the future—led by one of our nation’s most recognized and respected authorities on longevity and the personal, marketplace, and societal implications of the age wave—dives deep into the questions that are transforming health and medicine in the 21st century.
- How long might we live?
- How will we spend our “longevity bonus” years?
- Will our later years be a time of health and vitality or illness and disability?
- What advances are needed in medical/nursing skills, preventative and rehab fitness, functional nutrition, and crowdsourced scientific advances to ensure that our healthspan matches our lifespan?
- Will super-longevity be purchasable on the open or black market?
- What will be the new purpose of elderhood?
- Will advances in healthcare be available for all or only the rich?
Dynamic father-son duo Ken and Zak Dychtwald will deliver an engaging, mind-stretching, and actionable session to envision the new characteristics, aspirations, hopes and fears of these two powerful generations. Ken’s lifelong pursuit to understand the attitudes and characteristics of what makes Boomers tick is fused with Zak’s experience and knowledge of the emerging Millennial mindset in this unique presentation.
Together they will explore these powerful generations as consumers—and how entrepreneurs and industry leaders who understand both can take full advantage of explosive growth in the years ahead.
- How Boomers and Millennials are different and how are they the same
- How Boomers and Millennials envision money, success, family, friends, work, and purpose
- The ideal role of tech in their lives
- How each group wants to have fun and peak experiences, with whom and where
Over the past 35+ years, Dr. Ken Dychtwald has emerged as North America’s foremost visionary and original thinker regarding the lifestyle, marketing, health care, and workforce implications of the age wave.
Ken is a psychologist, gerontologist, and best-selling author of 16 books on aging-related issues, including Bodymind; Age Wave: The Challenges and Opportunities of an Aging Society; Age Power: How the 21st Century Will Be Ruled by the New Old; The Power Years: A User’s Guide to the Rest of Your Life; Healthy Aging; Workforce Crisis: How to Beat the Coming Shortage of Skills and Talent; Gideon’s Dream: A Tale of New Beginnings and, most recently, A New Purpose: Redefining Money, Family, Work, Retirement, and Success. He is currently writing a new book, The Sorcerer’s Apprentice: A Sort-Of Memoir. He was the executive producer and host of the highly rated/acclaimed PBS documentary, The Boomer Century: 1946–2046.
Since 1986, Ken has been the Founder and CEO of Age Wave, a firm created to guide companies and government groups in product/service development for boomers and mature adults. His client list has included over half the Fortune 500, and his explorations and innovative solutions have fertilized and catalyzed a broad spectrum of industry sectors—from pharmaceuticals and medical devices, to automotive design and retail merchandising, to financial planning and health insurance.
He has served as a fellow of the World Economic Forum and was a featured speaker at two White House Conferences on Aging. Ken has twice received the distinguished American Society on Aging Award for outstanding national leadership, and American Demographics honored him as the single most influential marketer to baby boomers over the past quarter century. His article in the Harvard Business Review, “It’s Time to Retire Retirement,” was awarded the prestigious McKinsey Award, tying for first place with the legendary Peter Drucker. PBS Next Avenue named him a 2016 Influencer in Aging for his work pushing beyond traditional boundaries and changing our understanding of what it means to grow older. Ken was honored by Investment Advisor as one of the 35 most influential thought leaders in the financial services industry over the past 35 years. Ken and his wife, Maddy, recently received the Esalen Prize for their outstanding contributions to advancing the human potential of aging men and women worldwide. He was also awarded the Inspire Award from in the International Council on Active Aging for his exceptional and lasting contributions to the active-aging industry and for his efforts to make a difference in the lives of older adults globally.
During his career, Ken has addressed more than two million people worldwide in his speeches to corporate, association, social service, and government groups. His strikingly accurate predictions and innovative ideas are regularly featured in leading print and electronic media worldwide and have garnered more than ten billion media impressions.
In addition to his role at Age Wave, he is deeply involved in numerous activities for the public good including serving as the Chairman of the Alzheimer’s XPRIZE which he co-envisioned with XPRIZE Founder Dr. Peter Diamandis in 2012. The Alzheimer’s XPRIZE team is now preparing to globally crowdsource a new 21st century approach to ending Alzheimer’s disease
"Ken Dychtwald is a showstopper. He is one of the few speakers that can educate, entertain, and have you laughing and crying—all at the same time."