Leading Environmental Strategist and Green Business Expert; Bestselling Author, Green to Gold and Green Recovery
Travels from: Connecticut • Fee Code: D
Fee may vary by location
Andrew Winston, founder of Winston Eco-Strategies, is a globally recognized expert on green business and the co-author of Green to Gold, the best-selling guide to what works - and what doesn't - when companies go green. He is also the author of Green Recovery, which helps businesses use environmental thinking to survive the downturn, thrive when things get better, and dominate for years to come. Andrew is dedicated to helping companies, both large and small, use environmental strategy to grow, create enduring value, and build stronger relationships with employees, customers, and other stakeholders.
- Green to Gold: How Smart Companies Use Environmental Strategy to Innovate, Create Value, and Build Competitive Advantage
- Green Recovery: Get Lean, Get Smart, and Emerge from the Downturn on Top
ABOUT Andrew Winston (+/-)
Exceptional Strategic Thinker
Andrew Winston's work is based on significant in-company business experience. His earlier career included advising companies on corporate strategy while at Boston Consulting Group and management positions in strategy and marketing at Time Warner and MTV. After these more traditional roles, Andrew pursued his passion to explore the overlap between business and environment. He served as the Director of the Corporate Environmental Strategy Project at Yale's renowned School of Forestry and Environmental Studies.
A "Green" Evangelist
In addition to his robust consulting practice, Andrew is a highly-respected and dynamic speaker, reaching audiences of thousands of people around the world and acting as a practical evangelist for the benefits of going green. He also writes extensively on green business strategy, including a bi-weekly column for Harvard Business Online, regular pieces on Huffington Post, and a monthly strategy e-letter, Eco-Advantage Strategies. For his efforts, Andrew was recently named a "Planet Defender" by Rock the Earth.
SPEAKER TOPIC DESCRIPTIONS (+/-)
Green to Gold: How Smart Companies Use Environmental Strategy to Innovate, Create Value, and Build Competitive Advantage
This engaging talk by green business expert Andrew Winston will...
- Explore the environmental pressures and powerful stakeholders driving companies to go green
- Describe the strategies and tools the world's best companies use to innovate and profit in this new, environmentally-sensitive world
- Illuminate the hurdles companies face when trying to go green
- Share stories of how leading companies use environmental thinking to build a strategic competitive advantage
Andrew makes the case that going green, especially during economic slowdowns, drives innovation and represents a new and fundamentally better way of doing business.
This engaging talk by green business expert Andrew Winston demonstrates the importance of environmental strategy in hard times and shows audiences how leading companies...
- Get Lean by revving up energy and resource efficiency to survive the downturn
- Get Smart by using environmental data about products and value chains to save money, innovate, and generate competitive advantage
- Get Creative and rejuvenate innovation efforts by asking heretical questions such as "Can we run our business with no fossil fuels?"
- Get (Your People) Engaged and excited by asking employees to solve their own, the company's, and even the world's environmental challenges