Mark C. Thompson
Mark C. Thompson
Renowned Leadership Expert, Acclaimed Author and Top Advisor to Global 1000 Companies; Former Senior Executive at Charles Schwab and Founder of the Schwab Leadership Series
Travels from: California • Fee Code: E
Fee may vary by location
Mark Thompson is co-founder & CEO of Richard Branson's Business Innovation & Entrepreneurship Hub for Virgin Unite. He has been a member of the Board of Directors of Best Buy, Korn Ferry, Interwoven (HP) and other global firms. He is Charles Schwab's former Chief Communications Officer, Chief Customer Experience Officer, Chief IR Officer, and Exec Producer of Scwab.com. During his tenure, the company’s customer assets grew ten-fold to more than $800 billion dollars in over five million client accounts and continue to grow during the greatest economic storms in history. Thompson created the Schwab Leadership Series and worked face-to-face with many of the world’s best global leaders and entrepreneurs – from Richard Branson and Steve Jobs to Warren Buffett, AG Lafley, Herb Kelleher, Michael Dell, Bill Gates, Ford CEO Alan Mulally and Zappos founder Tony Hsieh.
Thompson did research for Jim Collins and Jerry Porras on Built to Last and Good to Great; during his presentations, he shows how to the principles discussed in Good to Great. Along with Jerry Porras and Stewart Emery, he co-authored the bestseller Success Built to Last. By focusing on Collins’ five levels of leadership, Thompson coaches leaders to get things done fast!
- Make Change Happen: How World-Class Teams Lead Change Faster
- Make Sales Happen: Practical Ways to Boost Business
- Now, Build a Great Business! Customer Service Built to Last
ABOUT Mark C. Thompson (+/-)
Pioneering the Fundamentals of Great Leadership
Mark Thompson was a significant contributor to Jim Collins’ two blockbuster books Good to Great and Built to Last and is the co-author of bestseller Success Built to Last. In his enlightening and inspiring presentations, Thompson shows how to implement the principles discussed in these contemporary business bibles and coaches leaders on how to get things done effectively and efficiently.
Technology Visionary, Social Media Master
Named as a “Top 100 Venture Investor with the Midas Touch” by Forbes Magazine, Thompson is a founding investor in Smule.com, one of Apple’s top iPhone and iPad applications companies. He was also Executive Producer of Schwab.com and Chairman of Rioport, which popularized the mp3 audio technology now used in Apple’s iTunes. In addition to an MBA, Thompson holds a Masters degree in Social Media studies from Stanford University, where he became an investor in Facebook, Baynote, CNS Response, and Cancer Genetics.
SPEAKER TOPIC DESCRIPTIONS (+/-)
- How do you convince your team not only to embrace change, but actually lead the transformation now – with urgency?
- How have world-class firms taken the leap that you’re facing?
- What is the difference between top three market leaders & all others?
- How do you take advantage of turbulence in your markets in order to steal bases on competitors and build value for customers?
- What are the three fundamental factors that galvanize change in every person?
- What are the seven steps to change in every organization?
Some speakers talk about change and growth, but they’ve never done it before.
Thompson has made it happen. He’s been an operating executive with a front-row seat on transformations at Charles Schwab, and a board member at Best Buy, and Apple’s top iPhone and iPad app companies. He’s worked in 12 industries directly with executive teams at Nokia, NIKE, Unilever, Baird, Bank of New York and 35 firms in the US, Europe, Asia and Brazil. Thompson bets his own wallet on change and innovation by investing in companies that are on the leading edge of change.
In this engaging and eye-opening presentation, audiences will learn:
- The Invisible Close – How to win clients who don’t want to be sold. What is Level 5 Sales Growth and how to take Business Performance from Good to Great?
- Create Your Irresistible Offer – Defining better outcomes and benefits
- How to Build Partnerships From the Start – Investing in client loyalty
- What Does Your Market Crave? Helping clients understand the cost of ignoring your offer. How to gain strategic advantage over every other offer.
- Five Mistakes That Repel Customers & Cut Sales in Half
- Five P’s That Double Sales: Positioning–Pain–Promise–Proof–Planning
- How to convert loyal clients into higher ticket up-sell opportunities
- The Two Personalities of the World’s Most Profitable Clients
- How world-class teams generate unstoppable growth
- Five Customer Service strategies that are Built to Last
- Seven ways to boost profits in any market
- How to actually grow leaders from Good to Great – Level 1 to 5 – what are the three steps necessary for developing the best teams?
- What are the best practices from managers and entrepreneurs with track records of more than two decades of success?
- What are the three critical drivers of influence for every high achiever?
Based on the business classic Built to Last that sold over one million copies, Thompson reveals the tools of the world's most successful leaders for the sequel, Success Built to Last. This inspiring and fun keynote provides the secrets from hundreds of high producers whom Thompson has studied and met face-to-face.