Expert on Psychology of “Applied Imagination” and Peak Performance Coach; Acclaimed Author, Quantum Leap Thinking
Travels from: Connecticut • Fee Code: C
Fee may vary by location
For over 30 years, James Mapes has been an ardent student of human behavior and dedicated to helping individuals, teams and organizations identify and break through barriers to reach their goals and achieve success. An expert on the psychology of “applied imagination,” Mapes encourages people to be open to new ways of thinking, and his goal is to help everyone make the "quantum leap" toward more creative, productive and confident lives.
For both businesses and individuals, Mapes’ message promotes an innovative, powerful way of thinking and provides a new-found mastery over their imagination and perceptions so that, in his words, "the invisible becomes visible and the impossible becomes possible." The results have been nothing short of extraordinary, creating key breakthroughs in both organizational and personal excellence.
- Imagine That! Unleashing the Power of the Imagination for Success
- True Leadership: The Neuroscience of Effective Leaders
- Patient Pre-op/Post-op Healing Therapy
ABOUT James Mapes (+/-)
A Leader in Building Professional and Personal Productivity
James Mapes is the founder of Quantum Leap Thinking, creator of The Transformational Coach, a highly acclaimed business speaker, and personal excellence coach. He has spoken to hundreds of public and private companies, government entities and non-profit organizations in more than 70 countries. Companies, associations, universities and business schools including - IBM, U.S. Coast Guard, Lockheed Martin and The Princeton Center for Leadership Training - have quoted Mapes in training manuals and textbooks.
Celebrated Writer, Beloved Columnist
Mapes is also a bestselling author and popular syndicated columnist. His two highly regarded books are Quantum Leap Thinking: An Owner's Guide to the Mind and The Workbook: The Magic of Quantum Leap Thinking. His new book, The Elephant and the Rider: Living an Exceptional Life is scheduled for publication this year. He also writes a syndicated newspaper column for Hearst newspapers in Connecticut and The Arizona Reporter.
SPEAKER TOPIC DESCRIPTIONS (+/-)
Success literally depends on how people use their imagination. Exceptional individuals in all walks of life have the capability to think creatively and open up new opportunities for innovation. These are the individuals who have mastered the skill of visualizing a dynamic and successful future and then creating what they envision with optimism and hope. Einstein's words have never ringed truer, "Imagination is more important than knowledge. It is a preview of life's coming attractions."
James Mapes, the leading authority on the psychology of "applied imagination," demonstrates that success can be achieved by a clear understanding and application of the mind. James skillfully stretches people’s perceptions to see new possibilities and experience how their own imagination works. He guides his audience to understand that the powerful mental pictures we all carry around with us impact the opportunities we see and are the force which shapes how we thrive in challenging times.
Based on his successful signature program and best-selling book, Quantum Leap Thinking, James has created this new, engaging, practical, interactive and entertaining program, James captures and holds the audience's attention with a compelling series of stories, demonstrations and video clips that leave no doubt that – “you can achieve what you imagine.” Participants will experience applying their own imagination to craft a personal “vision” that instills passion and motivation in all areas of life. The audience will leave this thought-provoking, fascinating and inspiring journey learning:
- How to apply their imagination to successfully achieve goals.
- How to craft a compelling, emotional, realistic and persuasive future vision.
- How to recognize and break through limiting fears.
- How to use core values to unlock motivation.
- How to take risks.
- How to manage change for growth.
What is leadership–really? The business world is awash with leadership philosophies, how-to books and training institutes that can leave even the savvy manager perplexed as to exactly how to encourage employees to develop their own leadership style. It is important to push aside the clutter and get back to a fundamental understanding of what "true" leadership traits are essential for success. The adage "leaders are born, not made" is questionable, as it takes hard work to craft a leadership style that works for each individual
In this provocative, confrontational, lively and interactive presentation, renowned performance coach and best-selling author James Mapes incorporates his legendary humor, movie clips and an array of audience exercises to reveal:
- The five core traits of all great leaders.
- Why morality, a nice disposition and power do not necessarily make a great leader.
- A road map for participants to enhance their personal leadership style and permanently transform it.
- How to craft an emotionally charged, clear and realistic future vision to motivate.
Patient Pre-op/Post-op Healing Therapy is meant to serve as an adjunct to patient treatment.
This program can be presented directly to patients or as a workshop for medical staff.
This groundbreaking interactive learning experience reduces fear and anxiety, manages negative stress and creates a healing consciousness for recovery. “Stress, depression and anxiety prior to surgery have all been associated with poor surgical recovery,” writes Jan Kiecolt-Glaser, professor of psychiatry and psychology at Ohio State University. Studies show that reducing negative stress reduces fear, improves immune function, reduces pain and helps heal faster from surgery.
- Experience two highly engaging participatory exercises to unlock the untapped powers of their imagination.
- Discover how the application of “positive imagery” will help them successfully manage even the most difficult challenges.
- Learn techniques to reduce stress, improve their sense of well-being and move towards their procedure with calmness, hope and an understanding of the mind-body connection.
- Experience a 15-minute closed-eye relaxation/visualization that instills calmness, hope, motivation for wellness and healing.
- Receive a recording of a relaxation/visualization which they will be instructed to listen to twice a day for minimum of one week before surgery.
With Patient Pre-op/Post-op Healing Therapy, James calls upon his 30 years of experience as a peak performance coach, business speaker, medical facilitator and clinical hypnotist. This presentation is based on both his extensive experience in helping patients prepare for all forms of surgery as well as his own journey of having open heart surgery. James is the author of the best-selling book, Quantum Leap Thinking: An Owner’s Guide to the Mind and Creator of the Transformational Coach Program.
The program will include the “5 keys to living an exceptional life” learned from a combination of his executive business coaching and his open-heart surgery.
- MAKE FRIENDS WITH REALITY: If you can accept the reality of the situation, you can turn fear into positive action and control what can be controlled.
- ADJUST YOUR ATTITUDE: Having a positive attitude affects everyone – from the patient to family and friends to the hospital staff.
- CREATE A SOLID SUPPORT SYSTEM: Surround yourself with people who have a positive attitude and have your best interest in mind. This includes choosing an advocate to act on your behalf.
- ASK FOR HELP AND EXPRESS YOUR GRATITUDE: Friends and caregivers need to know you need them. Set aside your ego and ask for help because that is what friends and caregivers provide - comfort and peace of mind. Say “Thank you.” Gratitude is a surprisingly powerful force for good.
- CREATE A VISION THAT WILL BRING PEACE AND CALMNESS BEFORE SURGERY AND SUPPORT A POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND HEALING FOR THE FUTURE: Unleash the power of imagery to quiet stress and fear and create a positive expectation (hope) for the future. Visualization is a useful tool that will serve you for life.