Acclaimed Humorist, Author and Top Business Consultant; President and CEO, The Cancer Club
Travels from: Minnesota • Fee Code: C
Fee may vary by location
All of us have read or heard stories about people who turn lemons into lemonade but it is not often that we have the opportunity to meet such an individual. By age 40, Christine Clifford had successfully cracked the "glass ceiling,” serving as a senior executive for a New York-based global marketing firm and working with such clients as Procter & Gamble, Wal-Mart, AT&T, Mattel Toys, and Revlon. During her tenure, she grew the company from a yearly million dollar loss to over $54 million in sales including signing the largest contract in the history of her industry.
Then, in 1994, Christine faced a life-changing experience – an unexpected diagnosis of breast cancer. Determined not to be devastated by the disease, she launched her own company, The Cancer Club, and built it into the world's largest producer of humorous and helpful products for people with cancer. Recognized as “one of the world's leading authorities on the use of therapeutic humor," Christine is the acclaimed author of five award-winning books including Not Now… I’m Having a No Hair Day. She is also the author of YOU, Inc. The Art of Selling Yourself, named a “Notable Book of 2007” by the American Booksellers Association.
- Laughter: Prescription for a Cure!
- Our Family Has Cancer, Too!
- Am I Out of Sick Days Yet?
- YOU, Inc. The Art of Selling Yourself
- Selling the Invisible: Four Keys to Marketing Your Services
- Spinning Ideas into Action
- What Clients Love
Other Popular Topics
- The Blessings of Misfortune: Learn to Spin Straw Into Gold
- Self Esteem for the Cancer Survivor’s Soul
- From Road Warrior to Glorious Survivor
- One Move at a Time: Exercise for Women Recovering from Breast Cancer Surgery
- Cancer Has Its Privileges
ABOUT Christine Clifford (+/-)
Brilliant Business Strategist and Sales Leader
For nearly a decade, Christine Clifford was the top salesperson in the multi-billion dollar retail services industry, partnering with Fortune 100 companies and legendary brands. Her experience taught her how to market and sell products, services and herself, which she now shares with others. Christine's philosophies and strategies for becoming an industry leader are proven theories that have propelled her and the companies she's worked with to the top of their fields.
Dedicated Philanthropist, Award-Winning Humanitarian
Christine is also the founder and host of The Christine Clifford Celebrity Golf Tournament, a benefit for breast cancer research. Her inaugural event raised over $100,000, making it the most successful first-year event in the history of the American Cancer Society. Her total contribution to the organization has been over $1,000,000, earning her the prestigious Council of Excellence Award for income development from the group. In July 2002, Christine was awarded The Order of the Delta Gamma Rose – the highest honor from the sorority – in recognition of her distinguished contributions to the nation and around the world.
SPEAKER TOPIC DESCRIPTIONS (+/-)
This engaging presentation includes Christine’s cartoons, the classic story about her flying wig at a major golf tournament (as featured in Chicken Soup for the Golfer’s Soul) and a six-minute NBC special featuring Christine’s story – an hour of hope, laughter and positive thinking.
Based on her award-winning book of the same title, this is an inspiring and helpful presentation for children, spouses, and friends of people dealing with cancer. As the mother of six children, Christine shares her wonderfully rendered cartoons and stories to take the fear out of the disease, and help entire families realize they are not alone.
Illness, especially chronic disease, wrecks havoc on employees and the people left back in the office trying to “fill in the gaps”. Christine helps corporations and their employees learn to deal with changes in the office, ways to offer support, and methods to deal with the challenges that occur when a valued employee becomes ill. No down time here!
Anybody who sells for a living knows instinctively that you’re not just selling the product – what you’re really selling is you.
Working from that basic but essential premise, Christine Clifford provides a treasure trove of selling and marketing insights that even the most veteran sales rep will benefit from. In a day and age where everything in business moves at the speed of light, Christine offers powerful and remarkable tips that will distinguish you from all of your competitors.
Discover how to:
* Become a Master of One Trade instead of a Jack of None.
* Position yourself in such a way that people want to do business with you.
* Grow your box instead of thinking outside of it.
* Learn the keys of presenting your story.
Delivered in a personable and homespun style, You, Inc. offers doses of humor and pithy knowledge to anyone who is eager to seal the deal and who wants to thrive in the increasingly competitive world of business.
* Why you must charge a premium for your services – even in a market where clients seem increasingly price sensitive.
* Why positioning yourself as a brand brings you more business.
* What your packaging says – or doesn’t say – about you and your service to prospective customers.
* Strategies to establish, keep, nurture, expand and grow your client base even in tough markets.
If you are providing a service to your clientele, don't miss this opportunity to learn from an industry-leading expert in service marketing.
Are you ready to be propelled to the top of your field? Christine Clifford shares proven strategies she used to become an industry leader in just two years.
Discover how to:
* Define your market and gain knowledge about it.
* Develop marketing tools to sell yourself and penetrate your niche.
* Rapidly establish credibility in your field.
* Use the media to promote your area of expertise.
* Overcome fears and anxieties regarding growing your business.
If you've got the ideas & the expertise, you'll leave ready to take action! Don't miss this one-time chance to learn from a true leader in services marketing.
Discover how to:
* Focus on creating connections that will help you drive your business.
* Turn those connections into customers for life.
* Always exceed your client's expectations.
* Thank your clients in spectacular ways that are memorable and life-lasting.
Learn the keys to attracting, maintaining and growing your customer base from a #1 Sales Producer and extraordinary entrepreneur.
The Blessings of Misfortune: Learn to Spin Straw Into Gold
Self Esteem for the Cancer Survivor’s Soul
From Road Warrior to Glorious Survivor
One Move at a Time: Exercise for Women Recovering from Breast Cancer Surgery
Cancer Has Its Privileges